I want to learn how the job seekers manage their job seeking process. How hard is to track all the applied jobs? Is it possible to make this process easier to track and manage? Background As a recent job seeker I found job seeking websites too complicated and tracking all the applied jobs are very hard work, there were times that I applied to one job for multiple times without knowing it. Each site has a different approach for applying to a job, some of them you have to fill a lot forms before applying to a job every time, some of them suggest old and expired positions.
Mostly in home where applicants are searching for the jobs with their computer. Participants I recruit people from my friends and family or coworkers.
- What is the media that they are using to search for the job?
- Are they satisfied with current methods in searching and applying for the jobs?
- How they managed their applied jobs and keep track of them?
Research will be held at participant place, or outside in coffee shop with the user own device. The interview will last about 60 minutes, will include short briefing and questions, interview and observation the job seeking process with the user’s device. The user will be asked to search for some desired jobs, apply to them and manage the applied jobs.
Job Seeker Research Questionnaire
Next step was to create a list that contains the questions that I wanted to ask from your participants.
- Tell me more about yourself
- What is your daily routine?
- What technologies do you use?
- Why are you looking for a new job?
- How do you search for a new job ? What devices do you use? Why you use them?
- Which method for searching for a new job is better? Why is that?
- What websites do you use? Why you use them?
- Do you register yourself on those websites? Are you feel comfortable registering yourself on those websites?
- Which one of those websites is your favorite? Why is that?
- Do you use any job searching app on your mobile? Why?
- How do you keep track of all your applied jobs?
- Can you show me how do you search for a job and apply it on your device?
- Are you satisfied with your current job searching method? Why?
- What is the most important factors in your job searching routine? Why?
- How do you select the jobs that you want to apply? What factors do you consider before applying to one of them?
- How many jobs did you apply in the last week?
- What happens after you applied for a job? How do you follow up with that job?
- What is your idea of the best job searching app or website? What are the most important factors in your desired job searching app?
- Is there anything else that you can add to our conversation?